Delicious Links – 20 links – google, blogging, wordpress, twitter, lifehacks
This is my weekly collection of the best stuff I saw on the Internet. You can follow this list of links as I post them on Friend Feed or on Twitter. Or you can get the weekly update by subscribing to Internet Duct Tape using RSS or using email.
- [BLOGGING] 6 Ways That Bloggers are Like Rappers, copyblogger.com
- Are you down with the B.L.O.G.? Yeah, you know me!
- [BLOGGING] How to Target the Right Social Media Sites, problogger.net
- Howto guide for bloggers on using sites like Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon to generate traffic.
- [BLOGGING] the thorny issue of blog comment ownership, nbrightside.com
- Who owns a comment?
- [CODE] Google REST Search API, blogoscoped.com
- This could be useful for web apps.
- [CODE] We need a Wikipedia for data, bret.appspot.com
- Where is the open source database for map info, whitepages, movie times, music info, etc.
- [FIREFOX] Why downloading Firefox is like getting into college, sethgodin.typepad.com, via:avc.blogs.com
- From the article: ” In the lingo of Nancy Reagan, Firefox is a gateway drug.”
- [GEEK] My Cat Bubba Posts Videos and Twitters using an EeePC and Ubuntu, fsckin.com, via:webomatica.com
- It’s a pretty static video of the cat eating, but nice hack.
- [LIFEHACKS] From 10000 to 0 Emails in an Inbox in 24 Hours, problogger.net
- Switching to Gmail to become more productive with email.
- [LIFEHACKS] Just say NO to crap!, squawkfox.com, via:skelliewag.org
- The ultimate decluttering tip is not to consume.
- [STARTUPS] We Need A New Path To Liquidity, avc.blogs.com
- From the article: ” what happens when a company gets purchased: The service languishes. The team leaves. It stops getting better. And often gets worse.”
- [STARTUPS] What the New York Times “death by blogging” story got right., calacanis.com
- From the article: ” In some ways I think I’ve realized that life is just a big video game and if one game doesn’t work out you put another quarter in and try again.”
- [TWITTER] Improving Twitter, kungfugrippe.com
- Merlin Mann’s ideas for how to improve twitter. He’s one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter
- [TWITTER] Twubble, crazybob.org
- Twitter friend of a friend finder.
- [WEB2.0] AppEngine World: your one-stop resource for Google App Engine, appengineworld.com, via:marshallk.com
- AppEngine news aggregator. I wish I had an AppEngine account :(
- [WEB2.0] Google App Engine, code.google.com
- Google releases blogspot for web applications.
- [WEB2.0] Mulling On Google App Engine, al3x.net
- Alex Payne (of Twitter)’s thoughts on the new appengine
- [WORDPRESS] Coming Soon: My Personal WordPress Theme Starting Point, themeshaper.com
- Ian is releasing his Sandbox-plus-plus theme with some stuff from BluePrint CSS. I’ve been waiting 9 months for this. :)
- [WORDPRESS] The Great WordPress Attack, psionmark.com
- If you aren’t running WP 2.5, your site is probably hacked.
- [WORKHACKS] The Case Against Overtime, caffeinatedcoder.com
- Compelling arguments as to why you shouldn’t work overtime as a programmer.
- [WPDESIGN] Raising Personal Standard for Paid WordPress Themes, wpdesigner.com
- What a WordPress theme should include.
This Week at IDT Labs
- Friend Feed Scripts: Unsubscribe, Who Are You and Better By Service
It’s another week which means I have more Friend Feed scripts to share with you all.
- Speed Up Outlook Express
I was investigation my dad’s computer trying to find out why it was so slow. There was the usual culprit of Norton Antivirus and Outlook Express. There’s nothing I can do about Norton, but he’s been using Outlook Express since 1998 and his mail folder is a whopping 5.8 GB. It’s time to perform my sonly duty and try to fix his slow computer, even though I haven’t used Outlook Express in the past ten years.I’ll walk you through how I do it…
- Delicious Links – 17 links – wordpress, webdesign, productivity, google, search
This Week at Internet Duct Tape
Internet Duct Tape is my blog where I talk about software, technology, blogging and other geeky subjects.
- [FRIENDFEED] Easy Unsubscribe v0.1Add an unsubscribe link to individual user pages.
- [FRIENDFEED] Who Are You? v0.1Show more information about who people are beside their profile picture.
- [FRIENDFEED] Even More Expander v0.3– Bug fix: had problems if there were several “more >>” links.
– Bug fix: didn’t work well with pagerization