Popular social bookmarking site Reddit has announced a great new feature: users can create their own sub-reddit. What does this mean in English? Users and communities can create their own social bookmarking sites around specific topics: blogging, wordpress, specific programming languages, etc but still use their regular reddit account for submitting links and voting.
Of course, it’d be nice to be able to subscribe to a filtered version of these links. I’ve created a modified version of Dave S‘s “reddit popular on delicious” Yahoo Pipe that works with Sub-reddits.
- Click on the link
- Enter the name of the sub-reddit you’re interested in
- ie: ruby, see full list of all the new reddits here
- Enter the minimum number of saves on a delicious before a link is included in the feed
- Enter keyword inclusion/exclusion filters if you want to limit what you get
- ie: include only rails-related posts or exclude all rails-related posts
- Click Run
- Click on the subscribe to RSS button
I’m looking forward to when this Reddit feature comes out of beta and it’s possible to create a few new sub-reddits like blogging, wordpress and lifehacks.