It’s the last day of my week of Friend Feed and I have 5 more Greasemonkey scripts for you (for a total of 8). I think I’m done writing scripts for Friend Feed for the next little while. I might put together something for importing your Twitter contacts as friends (update: here it is) but if I wait long enough I’m sure they’ll do it as an official service.
As usual you’ll need Firefox and Greasemonkey to use these scripts.
I’ve sipped the Kool Aid and I’m really liking Friend Feed as a lifestreaming aggregator. One feature that is a bit hard to find is filtering by individual services. I’ve created a Greasemonkey script that sticks a huge bar of icons at the top of the page to make this accessible.
- It remembers the context you’re in.
- If you’re browsing within friends, then clicking on the icons will filter by that service on your friends.
- If you’re browsing within a specific user, then clicking on the icons will filter by that service on that person.
- If you’re browsing the public timeline, then clicking on the icons will filter by that service for the public timeline.
- It returns 100 results per page instead of 30.
- It will automatically update itself if I update the script.
Let me know if you have any problems in the comments.