Delicious Links – 20 links – blogging, programming, ruby, photography, copyright
This is my weekly collection of the best stuff I saw on the Internet. They’re saved on delicious and stumbleupon and cross-posted to Twitter and Tumblr as they happen and then collected together for my blog on Internet Duct Tape.
- [BLOGGING] Feel Free to Steal My Content, zenhabits.net
- ZenHabits goes open source
- [BLOGGING] My next book: the story of blogs, wordyard.com
- Scott Rosenberg’s next book is the history of blogs
- [BLOGGING] What Are Your Anti-Memes?, smoothspan.wordpress.com
- Some thoughts on the type of articles one of my fav tech bloggers usually skips over.
- [CODE] Let The System Design Itself, gilesbowkett.blogspot.com
- From the article: ” 1) runs all the tests, 2) contains no duplication, 3) expresses every idea you want to express, 4) minimal number of classes and methods. When you work with these rules, you pay attention only to micro-design matters.”
- [CODE] Rich Programmer Food, steve-yegge.blogspot.com, via:news.ycombinator.com
- Why programmers need to know how to write a compiler. I really enjoyed reading this one.
- [CODE] Valued Lessons: Garlic Programmers for Silver Code?, valuedlessons.com, via:news.ycombinator.com
- How can you measure programmer productivity when the biggest factor is the code base they are working on?
- [COMMENTS] Reading Apptitude Questions rather than Captcha, lemurcatta.org
- Interesting idea: prove that the reader read the article before posting a comment.
- [GAMERS] 18 Undiscovered Websites Every Gamer Should Know, dailybits.com
- Some cool stuff in there, like the indie game awards
- [LIFEHACKS] Let Me Save You $40: Here’s How to Be Happy, enfranchisedmind.com, via:codinghorror.com
- 7 things you can change about your outlook to life that will greatly improve your enjoyment of it.
- [LIFEHACKS] New RescueTime Goals and Alerts Actually Helps Rescue your Time, blog.rescuetime.com
- RescueTime now has goal tracking so you can limit yourself to checking feeds for only three hours a week, for example.
- [LIFEHACKS] The Five Browser Shortcuts Everyone Should Know, codinghorror.com
- Have a better experience surfing the web with these shortcuts. There were a few I didn’t know.we
- [MEDIA] What My Kids Tell Me About The Future of Media, avc.blogs.com
- A look at how children consume mass media
- [PHOTOS] A Savvy Approach to Copyright Messaging, powazek.com
- Cool trick to add copyright notices to your photos without having to worry about people seeing them unless they’re trying to copy them.
- [PHOTOS] Namexif (Rename EXIF Photos), digicamsoft.com, via:noheat.com
- Rename your photos by date. Uses the info from your camera rather than the file date.
- [RAILS] 10 Alternative Ruby Web Frameworks, rbazinet.wordpress.com, via:lazycoder.com
- [RAILS] How to ruin a Rails project, dataconstellation.com, via:labnotes.org
- How many of these have you done?
- [RAILS] Ruby on Rails Handbook, railshandbook.com, via:virtualhosting.com
- Tons of cheatsheets and tutorials
- [RUBY] TreeTop, treetop.rubyforge.org, via:blog.zenspider.com
- ruby extension to make it easy to create new expression grammars
- [WORDPRESS] WordPress Plugin: Socialize Me!, blahblahtech.com, via:dailyblogtips.com
- When people come to your blog via a social bookmarking site, it will welcome them and prompt them to add you as a friend.
- [WRITING] That to This, randsinrepose.com
- 10 tips Rands learned that made him a better writer
- Powered by Delicious Links Pro
This Week at Internet Duct Tape
Internet Duct Tape is my blog where I talk about software, technology, blogging and other geeky subjects.
- Year in Review – Most Popular Posts of 2007
- Year in Review
- My Favorite Albums of 2007
- New Year’s Resolutions for 2008: release my “Best of” lists in the beginning of January, not at the end of January.
- Yahoo Pipe: Sub-Reddit Feed Filter
- Popular social bookmarking site Reddit has announced a great new feature: users can create their own sub-reddit. What does this mean in English? Users and communities can create their own social bookmarking sites around specific topics: blogging, wordpress, specific programming languages, etc but…
- How to Play Downloaded Videos on Your iPod, Xbox 360, or DVD Player
- I’ve been slumming through the support forums at answers.yahoo.com lately and this is a question I see come up often: how do I download a video and put it on my electronic device? More and more consumer electronics devices that can play videos, but that means we have to learn more about the big,…
This Week at IDT Labs
IDT Labs is where I announce new software I’m working on.
- [PIPES] Filtered Technorati Recent Mentions
My Filtered Technorati Recent Mentions pipe works again. It can give you an RSS feed of the latest blogs that links to your blog.
- [GREASEMONKEY] Userscripts.org Popular Scripts v0.2
Updated my script for identifying the most popular Greasemonkey scripts on userscripts.org