Greasemonkey Script – Stumbling Through WordPress.com Blogs
I’ve created a small Greasemonkey script that adds a “Random Post” button to the blue WordPress.com bar you see at the top of every blog when you are logged into WordPress.com. Pressing this button will take you to random posts on the blog you are currently visiting. This is a great way to explore a newly discovered blog beyond the most recent posts.
UPDATE 2007/04/26: The random post feature now officially appears under Blog Info.
How to Use
- Log in to WordPress.com
- Visit a blog hosted on WordPress.com
- Press the Home key on your keyboard to jump to the top of the page if you have scrolled down and you can’t see the blue bar.
- Click the “Random Post” button to go to a new page
- Repeat steps 3-4
- You need to use the Firefox web browser
- You need to have the Greasemonkey extension installed
- You need to go here and install the Greasemonkey script
Four ways to find more WordPress.com blogs
- Visit a random WordPress.com blog
- by pressing the arrow on the right side of the blue bar
- WordPress.com Top Blogs of the Day and Top Posts of the Day
- WordPress.com Tag pages
- Use StumbleUpon to StumbleThru WordPress.com blogs
- Install the StumbleUpon toolbar and join StumbleUpon
- Click on the StumbleThru link and click on the WordPress.com logo
- When you find a blog you like, click the Random Post button on the blue bar to keep finding random posts inside that blog
- Click on the Stumble button to find more WordPress.com blogs
If you found this interesting, you’d probably like some of the other hacks and utilities I’ve created for WordPress.com: