Best of Feeds – 17 links – blogging, blogs, code, blog, google, search
Best of Feeds is a weekly series where I link to the stuff I found interesting from my feed reader. Links are sorted based on how many people have bookmarked them on del.icio.us. They are posted on Twitter as they happen and then collected together in a single post on Saturday. I don’t blog on the weekend so read these links instead.
This time I have 17 links from: 10e20, avc.blogs, bigsquaredot, erald, copyblogger, douglaskarr, drnicwilliams, geek24, googletesting, headrush, lostgarden, problogger, scripting, seomoz, tvo, valleywag
- [RESUME] How to look good when your recruiter googles you (valleywag.com, 186 saves)
- (jobs, tips, career, google, privacy, resume, search)
- Ties in with my thoughts on Facebook privacy settings.
- [HUMOR] Absolutely Hilarious Computer Quotes (geek24.com, 65 saves)
- (quotes, Humor, programmer, geeks)
- From the article: ” Hacking is like sex. You get in, you get out, and hope that you didn’t leave something that can be traced back to you.”
- [SEO] Google Search Engine Ranking Factors (seomoz.org, 41 saves)
- (seo, google, search, rank)
- From the article: ” This document represents the collective wisdom of 34 leaders in the world of organic search engine optimization. Together, they have voted on the various factors that are estimated to comprise Google’s ranking algorithm”
- [FLICKR] Thinking About Online Photo Services (avc.blogs.com, 15 saves)
- (blogging, flickr, media, social)
- Interesting look at the competition in the photo hosting market. I have pro accounts on both Flickr and Photobucket.
- [REDDIT] Reddit – Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About It (10e20.com, 15 saves)
- (reddit, seo, blogging, links, traffic)
- Maki’s guide to reddit.
- [TESTING] TotT: Stubs Speed up Your Unit Tests (googletesting.blogspot.com, 14 saves)
- (Testing, software, code)
- The google testing blog has a simple post with common definitions for the various “custom objects” that are created as part of unit tests: Test Double, Dummy, Fakes, Stubs and Mocks.
- [TUMBLR] Syntax Highlighting in Tumblr (drnicwilliams.com, 12 saves)
- (tumblr, syntax, code, css, web, highlighting, blog, blogs, blogging)
- [SIERRA] Update/Joint Statement with Chris Locke (headrush.typepad.com, 11 saves)
- (blogging, blogs, kathysierra, meankids)
- Update on the Kathy Sierra saga.
- [BLOG] Building Blog Relationships: Reaching Out (blogherald.com, 3 saves)
- (blog, blogs, blogging, lorelle, blogherald, relationships, readers)
- Lorelle nails it on the head that the only valuable thing about blogging is the relationships you can develop with your readers.
- [GAMES] SpaceCute: Prototyping challenge (lostgarden.com, 3 saves)
- (code, development, game, design)
- Design your own space game. Graphs and game play document are already provided, all that is needed is someone to code a prototype.
- [TWITTER] The theory of Twitter (scripting.com, 2 saves)
- (alist, twitter, twitterati, scriptingnews)
- Twitter, blogs, web, RSS is all Small Pieces Loosely Joined with a benevolent dictatorship of A-listers.
- [TUMBLR]Tumblr Is To Blogging What Sprinkles Are To Sundaes (Or Why Tumblr Rocks) (bigsquaredot.com, 2 saves)
- (blogging, software, tumblelog, tumblr)
- From the article: ” In the words of Tumblr, tumblelogs are to scrapbooks what blogs are to journals. They are an extremely user-friendly way to rapidly deploy photos, quotes, links, conversation snippets, videos, and even regular blog-like posts.”
- [FREE HOSTING] Read my Feed and get 12 Months of Free Web Hosting (douglaskarr.com)
- (rss, readers, free, hosting, douglaskarr)
- Doug is offering 12 months of a free hosting with Jumpline to his RSS readers.
- [FACEBOOK JUSTIN.TV] The Agenda – The Debate on the End of Web Anonymity (tvo.org)
- (facebook, justintv, anonymity, pseudoanonymity, danahboyd, theagenda)
- Great interview with Danah Boyd, Jessie Hirsh, Annalee Newitz and Justin Kan on Facebook and the end of web anonymity.
- [TEACHING] A Simple Four-Step Strategy for Developing Content That Connects (copyblogger.com)
- (copyblogger, copywriting, teaching, learning)
- Why/What/How/What If is a common approach but it’s interesting to see some science behind it.
- [BLOG] Blogging Is About Writing (problogger.net)
- (blog, blogs, blogging, writing)
- From the article: ” The web is about words. Blogging is about writing. Many claim that content is king. If content is king, then the army that protects and defends the king is the written word.”
- [BLOG] The Ultimate Guide to Getting Lots of Link Love (problogger.net)
- (link, links, linkbait)
- Lots of links to resources on creating links.
MyBlogLog Community Members: 86 (+3)
Twitter friends/followers: 69/54 (+27/23)
FeedBurner RSS Readers: 502 (20)
Technorati Favorites: 28 (+5)
Technorati Rank: 1931 (-151, good)
Technorati Incoming Links: 2,490 (+137)
Page views (total): 1,040,087 (+27,667)
Hot New Post By Traffic (week): How to create LOLcats 1,174
Tags: Humor, Testing, alist, anonymity, blog, blogging, blogherald, blogs, career, code, copyblogger, copywriting, css, danahboyd, design, development, douglaskarr, facebook, flickr, free, game, geeks, google, highlighting, hosting, jobs, justintv, kathysierra, learning, link, linkbait, links, lorelle, meankids, media, privacy, programmer, pseudoanonymity, quotes, rank, readers, reddit, relationships, resume, rss, scriptingnews, search, seo, social, software, syntax, teaching, theagenda, tips, traffic, tumblelog, tumblr, twitter, twitterati, web, writing