Digest for January 2007 – Part 2
Every two to three weeks I publish a digest for subscribers who are would rather take their //engtech in infrequent chugs rather than frequent sips.
If you’re a WordPress.com blogger you can get free upgrade credits by participating in my contest.
//engtech site news
- Win WordPress.com Credits — //engtech Contest #1
I’ve decided to start hosting monthly contests as a way to promote the blog.
- It’s All About You — Reader Survey Results
I asked you guys some questions, here are the results.
- //engtech now has asides
I’ve started posting my “links ‘o the day” daily at 7 PM EST. Collected as “Best of Feeds” on Saturdays.
Harold is a Robot web comic
Inspired by xkcd and Passive Depressive, but not as good.
- Does Technorati Matter? (Searching for Violent Acres)
Does anyone use a “blog search engine” except to search for their own blog?
- Wikipedia Loses the Google Juice
Wikipedia makes a change that will keep their results from influencing search engines — why it won’t work and what they should have done instead.
- Why Posting Your Email Address in Plain Text is Never a Good Idea
TechCrunch readers (unsurprisingly) get spammed — what TC should have done differently.
- ScheduleWorld now has AJAX offline contact editing
The popular free calendar synchronizer has a major update.
- Ottawa employees fired because of Facebook
Reminder that what you post on the Internet can and will affect your real life.
Best of Feeds
- My favorite posts
Pointing new readers to what I consider to be some of my best posts.
- Best of Feeds – 29 links – blogging, seo, programming, search, google, humor
- Best of Feeds – 45 links – programming, blogging, humor, blogs, geek, tips
- Getting Started With Splashcast on WordPress.com
There’s a new multimedia widget called Splashcast — how to use it.
- Why Do You Blog?
Announcement of blogging contest for iPod Shuffle
- It’s All About Me — Or Is It?
Follow up to a question on “How Not to be a Successful Blogger“