Win WordPress.com Credits — //engtech Contest #1
You Could Win 15 WordPress.com Credits
So I decided to start doing monthly contests. For this first contest I’ll be limiting it to wordpress.com bloggers and the prize will be credits that can upgrade wordpress.com blogs. If I get a good turn out then I might try other prizes like gift certificates to Amazon, Threadless and Xbox Live, etc (and obviously I would open up the contest to all bloggers then).
On February 17th, 2007 I’ll be picking one of the participants at random to win a $15 credit at WordPress.com. You can use credits to buy things like a custom domain name, CSS upgrade (so you can customize your blog appearance like I’ve done), or you can use it towards additional space upgrades, or unlimited private users.
|Contests||Contest announcements and results – 3 posts a month.|
|//engtech||My blog – 20-30 posts a month.|
|Digest||Summary of my blog – 1-2 posts a month.|
How to Participate
- Write a 200 words (or longer) post about one of these four topics:
- “Why I started this blog” OR
- “The best job I’ve ever had” OR
- “Why I love (or hate) Valentine’s Day” OR
- “Something about tech (blogging, gadgets, software, programming, working in high tech, etc)”
- 200 words is less than half the size of this post, around three paragraphs.
- It has to be a NEW post published after January 16th, 2007.
- Link to this post and mention this contest.
- Have a wordpress.com blog.
- The only reason it is limited to wordpress.com bloggers is because the prize isn’t much use to anyone else.
- You can enter once per blog that is hosted on wordpress.com.
- Post a comment on this post with a link to your contest entry.
- I will be monitoring trackbacks, but posting a comment is the best way to ensure I don’t miss it.
- Contest deadline is 12:01 AM EST on February 15th, 2007.
Picking a Winner
- A winner will be selected at random amongst all the entries.
- Random selection is more impartial (and easier) than trying to judge the “best post”.
- I will be linking to all of the contest entries.
- I will be highlighting my favorite contest entries.
Looking for Sponsors
If you have a couple of extra credits kicking around (any amount), you can sponsor the next contest by gifting them to “engtech” and mentioning in the message that you would like to sponsor the next contest. Your blog will be mentioned in all future WordPress.com Credit Contests.
Even if you aren’t participating in the contest yourself, I appreciate anyone who promotes this contest (and will be thanking them in a separate blog post at the end of the contest).
Blatant Self Promotion
Did you think I wasn’t going to also mention that I have a collection of tips, tricks and utilities for WordPress.com bloggers? :)