(this post has nothing to do with Steve Irwin)
It lives! The newest version of the Python scripting language was released today.
- See some of the highlights of the Python 2.5 release.
- Andrew Kuchling’s What’s New in Python 2.5 describes the most visible changes since Python 2.4 in more detail.
- PEP 356 has information on a bunch of the new features added in 2.5, as well as pointers to the relevant PEPs.
- A detailed list of the changes in Python 2.5 can be found in the release notes, or the Misc/NEWS file in the source distribution.
- IDLE has its own release notes, or see the Lib/idlelib/NEWS.txt file in the source distribution.
>> Python 2.5 Release