Bloggers Need Not Apply — why you’ll fail the job interview because of your blog
This is an interesting article on blogs from the point of view of people who are interviewing candidates. They talk about how blogs can be easily found by doing a search on the candidates name and how some candidates clearly mention their blog in their resume.
While the article doesn’t go into any true detail, it does cover some salient points like:
- how blogging gives interviewers more information of a personal nature then they would normally have during a job interview
- how the focus of the blog may skew their opinion of the candidates’ experience and/or interests
- how even if the blog is sanitary when talking about previous workplaces, co-workers and dirty laundry that there is the implied risk that may not always be the case
- how there is an underlying suspicion that time will be wasted maintaining their blog instead of working
The overall gist is that interviewers feel that having a blog at all is a negative on a candidate’s application.
Chronicle Careers: 7/8/2005: Bloggers Need Not Apply
- Posts tagged with Dooced
- Dooced: To get fired because of blogging about your company