Verilog-Perl is a collection of perl modules for interacting with Verilog code. I haven't given it much of a look as of yet, but if "vpm" and "vppp" work as the synopsis advertises then it may have some utility. Especially if it can already correctly parse SystemVerilog.
- Verilog::Getopt parses command line options similar to C++ and Vcs.
- Verilog::Language knows the language keywords and parses numbers.
- Verilog::Netlist builds netlists out of Verilog files. This allows easy scripts to determine things such as the hiearchy of modules.
- Verilog::Parser invokes callbacks for language tokens.
- Verilog::Preproc preprocesses the language, and allows reading post-processed files right from Perl without temporary files.
- Vpm preprocesses warnings and assertions for any simulator.
- vppp preprocesses the complete Verilog 2001 and SystemVerilog language.
- Vrename renames and cross-refrences Verilog symbols.