This is my weekly collection of the best stuff I saw on the Internet. They’re saved on delicious and stumbleupon and cross-posted to Twitter and Tumblr as they happen and then collected together for my blog on Internet Duct Tape.
- [CODE] Research Supports The Effectiveness of TDD, haacked.com
- IEEE paper on why Test Driven Development works
- [CODE] Valued Lessons: Garlic Programmers for Silver Code?, valuedlessons.com, via:news.ycombinator.com
- How can you measure programmer productivity when the biggest factor is the code base they are working on?
- [COMICS] Build your own Comics and cartoons, chron.com
- You can put together a single page with most syndicated comics on it
- [COPYRIGHT] Bad COPP No Netflix, davisfreeberg.com, via:dailybits.com
- DRM causes hardware probs, that could make you lose all your legitimate digital downloads.
- [DESIGN] Paper Prototyping, snyderconsulting.net
- hallway usability testing before you code
- [DESIGN] Web 2.0 how-to design style guide, webdesignfromscratch.com
- Yes, we’re all tired of “web2.0″ designs — but this guide makes some good points and is full of examples.
- [GAMERS] Audiosurf: Ride Your Music, audio-surf.com
- Independent video game with strong ties to music/mp3s
- [GAMERS] The Weighted Companion PC – Final shots, bit-tech.net
- I’d love to have this PC mod… for Portal fans.
- [GREASEMONKEY] Greasespot: Greasemonkey Security Update, greasespot.net
- New version of Greasemonkey is out. Please update.
- [GROUP WRITING] Blog Writing Project: Tutorials, dailyblogtips.com
- Write a tutorial as part of Daily Blog Tips group writing project
- Examples of using jQuery instead of prototype or rjs files
- Client-side library for sorting tables.
- [MYSPACE] January 30th is International Delete Your Myspace Account Day, bloggasm.com
- It’s a good idea to delete your old social networking accounts that you don’t use anymore.
- [PHOTOS] everystockphoto – searching free photos, everystockphoto.com, via:scottkuperus
- search engine for copyfree photos
- [REDDIT] what’s new on reddit: new features, blog.reddit.com
- Users will have the ability to create their own public/private reddits.
- [RSS] Dosh Dosh Reaches 10,000 Subscribers (and the Reason Why People Subscribe to a Blog), doshdosh.com
- How to get an audience
- [RUBY] Rubular: a Ruby regular expression editor, rubular.com
- Web-based regular expression tester
- [SOFTWARE] Ned Batchelder: Software I use, nedbatchelder.com
- List of Windows software… some stuff worth trying in there. I recognize a lot of it from lifehacker.com
- [WRITING] Effective Writing – George Orwell, pickthebrain.com
- 5 tips from one of the masters
- [WRITING] Programming Book Profits, ejohn.org
- A look at how much income writing a book can generate
- Powered by Delicious Links Pro
This Week at Internet Duct Tape
Internet Duct Tape is my blog where I talk about software, technology, blogging and other geeky subjects.
- CoinStar — Is It Worth It To Convert Your Spare Change?
- When I was a kid rolling up the spare change to take in the bank, I always wondered why there wasn’t a machine that would do it for you in bulk. Sorting coins mechanically isn’t rocket science; all you need is holes of different sizes. Now we’re in the 21st centuary. We might not have…
- Stupid iTunes Tricks – How to Burn a MP3 CD with Folders
- An MP3 CD is a regular old data CD like any CD you put in your computer. Any program that burns CDs can create an MP3 CD, but I like to use iTunes because I’m already using it to manage my music library.
- Free Idea: Outlook Calendar Screensaver
- People often guard their ideas thinking that if they let the word get out people will steal their golden shot at success. What they don’t realize is that idea are worth nothing. Implementation is the only thing that matters. Here’s an idea I had for something I’m not planning on…
- Best of Feeds – 19 links – blogging, inspiration, writing, design, apple
- apple, blogging, design, inspiration, tips, writing
This Week at IDT Labs
IDT Labs is where I announce new software I’m working on.
- [PIPES] Filtered Technorati Recent Mentions
- My Filtered Technorati Recent Mentions pipe works again. It can give you an RSS feed of the latest blogs that links to your blog.
- [GREASEMONKEY] Userscripts.org Popular Scripts v0.2Updated my script for identifying the most popular Greasemonkey scripts on userscripts.org