Distraction Free GTD: 32 Todo List Web Applications
The fine folks at LifeHacker have forced me to tip my hand with their post on using Web Runner as a distraction free browser. Web Runner is a tiny site-specific web application that runs using less resources than Firefox or Internet Explorer.
The whole idea behind a site specific web browser is that you want to access a web application without being tempted to access other sites. You want to access a site without being distracted by the rest of the Internet. A good example is an online todo list or GTD application. You want to be able to quickly access your todo list to add or checkoff items without getting caught in an Internet black-hole.
(via Coding Horror)
To make things easier for everyone I’ve created a huge bundle of Web Runner web applications centered around accessing ToDo/GTD web sites. This is a list of the supported sites.
- Vitalist, https://vitalist.com
- Treedolist, http://treedolist.com/
- Toodledo, https://toodledo.com
- Ta-DaLists, https://tadalist.com
- RememberTheMilk, http://rememberthemilk.com
- Nozbe, http://nozbe.com
- Hiveminder, https://hiveminder.com
- doOh, http://dopointoh.com/
- WebToDo, http://webtodo.wndmll.com/
- SimpleGTD, http://www.simplegtd.com/
- TracksTrain, https://tracks.tra.in
- 30Boxes, http://30boxes.com
- stikkit, https://stikkit.com/
- GTDTracks, http://www.gtdtracks.com
- TaskToy, https://tasktoy.com/
- gubb, https://www.gubb.net/
- Todoist, https://todoist.com/
- JoesGoals, http://www.joesgoals.com/
- Tedium, http://www.mcqn.com/tedium
- iCommit, http://icommitonrails.de/GTDV2/
- Neptune, https://www.neptunehq.com/
- Nutshell, https://www.gonutshell.com/
- OnlineCEO, http://roughunderbelly.com/
- BlaBlaList, http://www.blablalist.com/
- TuduLists, https://app.ess.ch/tudu/welcome.action
- Voo2Do, http://www.voo2do.com/
- Zirr.Us, https://www.zirr.us/
- SproutLiner, http://sproutliner.com/
- Jjot, http://jjot.com/
- MojoNote, http://mojonote.com/
- Backpack, https://www.backpackit.com/
- TaskFreak, http://www.taskfreak.com/
- ZohoPlanner, http://planner.zoho.com/
- Basecamp, http://basecamphq.com/
- YahooCalendar, http://calendar.yahoo.com/
- GoogleCalendar, http://calendar.google.com/
Want more sites added? Leave a comment.
Step #1: Install Web Runner
- Go to this page on the Mozilla Wiki
- Choose the Windows, Linux, or Mac installer
- Here’s a quick link to Web Runner 0.7 for Windows (latest as of 2007/10/05)
- Run the installer
Step #2: Download My “Distraction Free GTD” Web Bundle
- Download this zip file (Update 2007/10/10)
- Unzip the contents to a folder
- Click on a .webapp file to launch the web application you want
Every web app has hotkey history navigation (ALT+LEFT, ALT+RIGHT and ALT+HOME).
Leave a comment if you have any problems.
Subscribe to comments with RSS.
Comments are closed.