Presenting: Black and Blue and Read All Over
I’ve been tweaking my blog theme furiously in preparation for the Sandbox CSS Design contest. Again I have to say that I have the utmost respect for web designers. Making a good blog design that looks nice is hard work. But I feel that I’ve gotten a lot better since I touched CSS for the first time, and the recent incarnation of IDT has many improvements over the existing style.
- Top header bar uses a much better technique for the buttons
- Global style reset so it should look the same between all browsers
- Support for asides (not that I use them often)
- Support for pretty-printing
- Georgia headings and Verdana text (thanks to these tips)
- Styling on the navigation links between posts
- Still readable in 640 width and 800 width
- General reduction in hacks
So please step out of your web browser and let me know about any pages that are looking wonky. Please cut-and-paste the link to whatever page looks wrong and mention the web browser you are using.
In general site news I’ve gone back to having a front welcome page, instead of having the latest post on the front page. I feel it gives people a better introduction to the site. I desperately need to weed my categories, but that’s a job for another week.