My First Greasemonkey Script: WordPress.com Category Resizer
What it does
- moves the category bar from the right sidebar to underneath the post box when creating new posts or editting existing posts
- expands the categories to three evenly sized columns
- removes scrollbars (you can see all categories at once)
- adds a link to the Save button after category editting
The intended audience is wordpress.com
Screenshots and install instructions after the break.
Figure 1: Life before wpcatr.
Figure 2: Life with wpcatr installed! Happiness and sunshine abounds.
How to install it
- You need to use the Firefox web browser
- You need to have the Greasemonkey extension installed
- If you really want to use it with Internet Explorer, it might work with Trixie installed
- You need to go here and install the Greasemonkey script
Tested with Greasemonkey 0.6.5 and Firefox 220.127.116.11
Like it? Link it!
I’m glad you find it useful. I have too many friggin’ categories (500+) and the regular size of the categories in the sidebar didn’t cut it for me.
Show your appreciation by linking to this page: http://engtech.wordpress.com/tools/wordpress/wpcatr/
Want a feature? Reporting a bug?
Digg | Del.icio.us | BlinkList | Furl
Spurl | Reddit | Simpy | RawSugar