New RSS Categories for //engtech
My first step in reorganizing the site to make it more reader-centric is going to be creating different RSS feed channels. I am fully aware that some readers are interested in only one thing.
- All – the entire site feed in all its glory from the dizzying heights of witty prose to the lowest depths of inane brute linkage.
- Articles – original articles by yours truly
- Commentary – commentary inspired from reading other blogs
- (such as Creating Corporate Standards? Beware…).
- Blogging – my thoughts on blogging and this site
- (such as this post and Building an Audience or “How I Learned to Stop Posting Inane Crap and Love the Blog”).
- Links – links to stuff I find interesting.
All of my new posts will appear under one (and only one) of the four RSS feeds (Articles, Commentary, Blogging, or Links) as well as the Entire Site feed.
In around six months I will revisit the feeds and may do a reorg based on subscriptions.